PDA

View Full Version : Most Precious Mother's Day Gift

MrsBeasley
05-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Today my 4 year old autistic son brought this laminated fingerpaint handprint with the following poem on it:

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown someday
And all those tiny handprints
will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

I bawled like a baby trying to read it. What is your most treasured Mother's day present?

Lynn Doucette
05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
This is absolutely beautiful

Piper
05-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I am 32 years old and gave the same poem to my mom in kindergarten. There is a reason it has been around for so many years :)

trinity
05-07-2010, 01:08 AM
would it still be as special coming from your 40 year old daughter? I have NO idea what to get my mom LOL.

mybooboo
05-07-2010, 04:59 AM
My kids have brought this poem home also and I cried too lol!! Plus theres one that they bring similar with a teabag attached that makes me weepy!

donteatrawpotatoes
05-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Awe!!!! *I* cried like a baby, and I didn't even get one! hahahaah.

Trinity, you're too precious ROFL!!!

MrsBeasley
05-07-2010, 06:58 AM
would it still be as special coming from your 40 year old daughter? I have NO idea what to get my mom LOL.

LOL...... I guess it would depend on how big your hands are!! lmao

bradorna
05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
MrsBeasley you probably already know that you were chosen by a higher power to be given this child. He gave you this special gift and in return he was given the special gift of having you as his Mum. My friend has an autistic child also and there are many hurdles to overcome, but those little things he learns to do each day are such a blessing and a miracle to be witnessed. His little heart loves you you more than anything in the world and he knows that you will always be there for him even though he may not be able to show or tell you. The gift he gave you for Mothers Day was so precious, but I see you also as being precious for the strength, courage and love you have for him. If you have what it takes to raise an autistic child, then that alone makes you a special Mum and God bless you for doing it. "Happy Mothers Day to an extra special Mum" I'm sure there are some days that are really tough on you but God will never give you more than he knows you have the strength and love to handle.