PDA

View Full Version : Driftwood

bradorna
04-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Can anyone suggest the best area to check for some good sized pieces of driftwood? I prefer not to just keep driving different places if possible. I have never picked up any before so I wanted to know which beach area I'm more apt to find pieces. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Chinna Dah
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Have you tried the the beaches along the way to Irving nature park?

bradorna
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
No I haven't as of yet, but that is a place I definetly had in mind as well as Mispek (spelled wrong I'm sure).

Vix
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
also try Five Fanthom Hole, from the light house toward Coleson cove Beach there are a few beaches where there is all kinds of driftwood.

bradorna
04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
also try Five Fanthom Hole, from the light house toward Coleson cove Beach there are a few beaches where there is all kinds of driftwood.

This sounds great vix but I have no idea where that is. Can you give me basic directions? I want to go this afternoon and take my grandsons with me, so if there is nayone that can give me some directions would be very helpful. Thanks:confused:

Vix
04-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi, I did a search on googlemaps and here is the directions to Five Fathom Hole....hope it helps and you find alot. Good luck.

Vix

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Vix
04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
How did you make out today???? Find any good size peices? :)

bradorna
04-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I didn't get to fathom Hole because of course as soon as I was ready to leave it started to sprinkle so I just went over to the beach at the nature Park. Got all of one piece...lol Thanks for directions Vix