PDA

View Full Version : Internet &Phone lines

lovingmom
03-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Is anyone having troubles staying connected to the internet using Aliant and is anyones phone been dead on the line off and on today? I called Aliant and they cant get anyone here for the phone till tomorrow afternoon.Good thing daughter is here with her cell

Mandi
03-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Is anyone having troubles staying connected to the internet using Aliant and is anyones phone been dead on the line off and on today? I called Aliant and they cant get anyone here for the phone till tomorrow afternoon.Good thing daughter is here with her cell

I had internet problems on Saturday :(

missday
03-12-2007, 07:24 PM
friday and saturday my internet was off and on I had to keep powercyclingthe modem lol pain in the behind

lovingmom
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
yeah we had Aliant here last week and they changed modem
and thought that would fix the internet problems.Now the phone is going dead like 3 times today so far.What a pain.For what one pays for phone and internet there shouldnt be these problems.With all the money Aliant makes you think they would have all the kinks worked out in their services:(

trinity
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I dont know if it is any connection, but I called my mother's number today about 5 pm, got a long pause, and a "this number is no longer in service." I knew that had to be a mistake so I hung up, redialed and it rang. I know I didn't dial the wrong number the first time around, it displays on my screen when I dial. I dont know if the problem was on my end or hers, but it did exist.

Mandi
03-12-2007, 11:08 PM
yeah we had Aliant here last week and they changed modem
and thought that would fix the internet problems.Now the phone is going dead like 3 times today so far.What a pain.For what one pays for phone and internet there shouldnt be these problems.With all the money Aliant makes you think they would have all the kinks worked out in their services:(

I'm going to tell you exactly what to do.
Call them, and tell them it's absolutely not acceptable that they are unable to provide a service that you're paying them for, and how apauling it is that a company that makes so much money can not manage their services. Then casually say, Rogers has home phone, and internet, and has a deal if you switch going on right now. Tell them you expect some kind of compensation. Be very polite and nice, and I guarentee you'll get at least 3 months free internet. ;)

callinq
03-12-2007, 11:52 PM

lovingmom
03-13-2007, 06:52 AM
my husband gets up at 4 in the morning to get ready to go to work and again there was no phone service.Then about 30 mins later there was and now there isnt again.I think Aliant and I will be having a chat and I wont be the patient.sweet,kind lady who says yes I understand.Because i dont understand:)

magoosmomma
03-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I have had to power cycle my new modem the other day quite a few times.. and had no internet at all on Saturday for a time..I dont *think* my phone line went dead ..

ChelorSean
03-13-2007, 08:20 AM
i had that problem when we moved and we only moved across the street!i am still having a problem with my phone while i'm on it it sounds like someone is dialing with the pulse.i can hear it and so can the person i am talking to.because my high speed was down i connected with dial-up and just got my bill 15$ for dial come on now i couldn't use high speed so take it off there.....:mad:

eugeneb
03-13-2007, 08:36 AM
My high speed modem was cutting in and out so much that i had to get a new one, I won't tell what I did to the old one.having the new modem did not help much. Aliant had better get act together or they may find themselves
losing a lot of customers.

magoosmomma
03-13-2007, 09:19 AM
I was beginning to think it was just us having this issue with the modem cutting in and out
they tried to tell me the first few times I called that it was my network card in my computer..then I got a new modem and its wireless and STILL cuts out sometimes..its not connect to my network card now so I wonder how long it will take them to take responsibility for their problem..

lovingmom
03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Aliant came to my house a few mins ago and found the problem.The 6 townhouses that are connected together here(I live in one) went this past Fall and got our phone lines burried underground and they end up coming into a green box next to my house.Well one of the wires was bad and was shorting out and that was the trouble(so they say).Lets hope all is fixed now:)

LiLLY
03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I always have problems with my internet through Alaint. Only reason i have not switched is becasue i would have to buy the modem through rogers!

tred816
03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Rogers had a similar problem last Thursday.
Our technician's cell phone is paid for by our company through automatic payments to our credit card so I knew it was paid.
I spent 2 hours on hold trying to get through to customer service because both his cell phone and pager were coming up as the numbers were disconnected for a full 24 hours.
I never got through by the end of the day, but the phone was back in full service the next morning. We never received an explanation.

jiggypat23
03-15-2007, 01:18 AM
I always have problems with my internet through Alaint. Only reason i have not switched is becasue i would have to buy the modem through rogers!

the only time you would have to buy the modem from rogers is if you have really bad credit when you sign up and they check it, other then that, it's generally a rental fee each month