PDA

View Full Version : Good Old Rogers Cable.....

leeleemom
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
So here's my beef(more like a rant). I moved into my new place the first of Dec/09. The people who owned it before us had satellite. So we got all our Rogers services hooked up. I have everything through them...ie: internet, cable, home phone and 2 cell phones. I have been having problems with my cable, internet and home phone from day one! I have called them several times and they tell me it is a problem outside on the poll and they would have to send someone out to fix it. This has been 4 months now! We lose these services 3 or 4 times a week! So I told them I want to be credited. They told me that they couldn't till the problem was fixed! What?! They are quick to call me when they want my money! I told them why am I paying for services I don't get half the time! And they don't seem to be in any hurry to come fix it!

macmike78
03-25-2010, 02:14 PM
We were having a problem with our cable. Luckily, that's all we have through Rogers! Anyhow, every now & then we'd get some pretty bad pixelation issues that usually occured the last 10 mins of a really good show (isn't that always the way). It was so bad it prevented us from watching the show. We called a few times over the course of a few months and everytime they sent someone out but it never got fixed until the last tech came. Anyhow, long story short - because we didn't bug them every week about the issue they only credited us about a weeks worth (from the last time we called to the time the cable guy showed up).

So if anyone's got anything wrong with their service & one house call doesn't fix it (which is usually the case) - call them back right away! Bug the crap out of them - apparently it's what they want.

leeleemom
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
We have been calling weekly. I mean come on...how long does it take to get someone to come fix it?? since i haven't been getting anywhere by calling I sent an email today. Hoping it will get to someone different. But I have decided if i don't get a response abd the problem fixed in a timely manner I am cancelling everything. And I will demand credits to my account for 4 months! We will see........but I am done being patient as they ask.....and i am not paying for services I don't get half of the time either!!

T-Diddy
03-25-2010, 03:47 PM
You know we all pick on Rogers, and rightfully so! However I find that all big companies have very little respect for their customers this day and age! Sure at first they will promise you the moon, but as soon as they have you landed....BOOM.....your become just a number to them! And we can call and yell at them all day, and even threaten to "Cancel " our service with them, but when it's all said and done.........these companies are making millions of dollars in profits each and every day! The operator on the other end could care less if you switch companies, because for every customer they loose, then gain one from another provider who is not happy with the service that they are receiving!....Just saying!

rhiley_08j
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
We have been calling weekly. I mean come on...how long does it take to get someone to come fix it?? since i haven't been getting anywhere by calling I sent an email today. Hoping it will get to someone different. But I have decided if i don't get a response abd the problem fixed in a timely manner I am cancelling everything. And I will demand credits to my account for 4 months! We will see........but I am done being patient as they ask.....and i am not paying for services I don't get half of the time either!!

If you want results call and speak to the retention department, tell them how mad you are and that you are going to cancel your services if they don't fix the problem. Trust me, it works. You will most likely get it fixed right away, and they will credit your account. That's their job, to save customers.

inuit
03-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Just fyi. Whenever you call aliant or rogers or whoever to complain about service and you get the song and dance and promises. Be sure to ask the persons name and employee number. That wa whean you call back to check and you get a new song and dance, you can say "Joe blow employee number 666 promised me this..." then they will be more ready to accept what they told you. Oh yeah every time you call ask for their name and number.

bradorna
03-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Why is it when we call rogers about a local problem that we are talkiing to someone in Ontario? I have had this happen and they start telling me issues going on there, even though they have all my info. I was also having a big problem with pixelation issues for a month or so before it finally got fixed. They did keep sending someone immediately but only because I was being a bother and demanded immediate service since it always seemed to occur on a Friday and then of course they would say, "we can't get there til Monday". I was very close to cancelling everything with them, until finally everything is working perfect.....hope I didn't speak too quickly!!!! Thanks Rhiley also, for the info about talking to the retention dept. They demand my $200/month so I in return demand everything to be working perfect.

T-Diddy
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Why is it when we call rogers about a local problem that we are talkiing to someone in Ontario? I have had this happen and they start telling me issues going on there, even though they have all my info. I was also having a big problem with pixelation issues for a month or so before it finally got fixed. They did keep sending someone immediately but only because I was being a B**** and demanded immediate service since it always seemed to occur on a Friday and then of course they would say, "we can't get there til Monday". I was very close to cancelling everything with them, until finally everything is working perfect.....hope I didn't speak too quickly!!!! Thanks Rhiley also, for the info about talking to the retention dept. They demand my $200/month so I in return demand everything to be working perfect.

Be thankful it's Ontario and not India!!

donteatrawpotatoes
03-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Why is it when we call rogers about a local problem that we are talkiing to someone in Ontario? I have had this happen and they start telling me issues going on there, even though they have all my info.
That's a really good question... it's weird because they know where you live, and it says where the problem is. Sounds like you always just get dummy associates. :( I hope that your cable keeps working though!
And yeah Retention/ customer relations = AWESOME when you have a problem with something like that.

Deanie
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Be thankful it's Ontario and not India!!

Yep, Bell Tv is the same thing. By the way, we are getting rid of Bell and moving to Star Choice...their call centre is in Alberta!!

puppyluv
04-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Rogers call centre is in Moncton. Anytime we call, we get someone there. We also have a relative who works there, so I know they do have one there.

donteatrawpotatoes
04-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Rogers call centre is in Moncton. Anytime we call, we get someone there. We also have a relative who works there, so I know they do have one there.
Rogers tech support for cells and cable is in Saint John too.