PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning grout

moniblue
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
We put new ceramic tile on our kitchen floor in August 2005. The floor looked great, unfortunately we didn't seal the grout right away. Prior to sealing the grout, my husband sanded it very lightly to remove any dirt/stains. After he sanded it, it looked perfect. Then he sealed it. Unfortunately after he sealed it, the "perfect" look didn't stay. The grout looks stained and dirty. We've tried various different cleaners but nothing seems to work. It seems as though the stains are now under the sealer. Is there any way to remove these stains? We're now at the point that we may just re-grout the entire floor. Any suggestions before we attempt to re-grout?

kaj27
12-12-2006, 03:43 PM
It is possible that what was left under the grout is now bleeding through the grout and staining. You could always re-grout and try again.

Dynamic
12-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Hamilton’s On Rothesay Ave has a product but I’m not sure what it’s called, a grout dye I think. The bottle has a roller wheel on it you apply on the grout. Drop by and talk to them, they should know what to do.

moniblue
12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
It is possible that what was left under the grout is now bleeding through the grout and staining. You could always re-grout and try again.

Yes, that is what we think is happening. We're just hoping there might be another alternative to having to re-grout.

moniblue
12-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Hamilton’s On Rothesay Ave has a product but I’m not sure what it’s called, a grout dye I think. The bottle has a roller wheel on it you apply on the grout. Drop by and talk to them, they should know what to do.

Thanks Dynamic. We will drop in and talk to them.