PDA

View Full Version : Aliant 30GB/Month cap?

SaskSask
03-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I am hearing that new Aliant/Bell customers or if you change your plan....you will get a 30GB a month cap. Anyone else know more about this?
Kinda bites if it is true...being limited to .001% of what your connection you pay for is capable of doing.

alsgal
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i work there, in the DSL part, and ther has been NO mention of this.

Dan_Man
03-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Aliant tried that a few years ago but it didn't last very long :P
It was a 20GB limit back then but if you download from another Aliant user it was unlimited.

user5624
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I heard that Bell is doing that, but that's in Ontario and Quebec. While Aliant is owned by Bell, they're still a little bit different. I've not heard anything of Aliant doing this though.

SaskSask
03-11-2007, 10:13 PM
OK..but isn't Aliant owned by Bell or Bell Sympatico? If it is .....this thread makes me a little nervous.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370912

This is BULLS*&$ :

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_Int_Chart_Dsl.page?ADV2=ON_QC_ENG_ssy_bw compare_feb1

I realize this is in Ontario...how long till it filters down to NB.

user5624
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
We don't do everything they do....

DA1983
03-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Bell does have bandwidth caps for Ontario and Quebec....I use to work for them so I know this for a fact. I would not be surprised at all since Bell now owns Aliant if this does come into play down the road for us Aliant customers. It will suck for sure for those who need high bandwidth but unfortunatly theres not much we can do about this.

SaskSask
03-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Well...if this happens and they end net neutrality on top of that. The internet will become a very different place for us.

With the high usage options IPTV (one of them)....or downloading movies/renting. Streaming that radio station, etc...etc.

I guess they just want to make sure they get a piece of the $

Bell Ont customers got this kind of notice.

Quote:

This is correct these changes will be implemented on the 3rd. of December 2006.
High speed and Ultra:

30GB free bandwidth (45GB Ultra)
$1.50/GB of overage

Basic :

2GB free bandwidth
$7.50/GB of overage

Basic lite:

1GB free bandwidth
$10.00/GB of overage

At this time there are no plans to charge existing High Speed & Ultra customers for their bandwidth usage. In the event of any future changes, customers would be communicated to, well in advance of the change.

LMFAO @ Basic and Basic Lite....not like they even want a person to use those plans with 1GB or 2GB a month usage.