PDA

View Full Version : problems with baby

ChelorSean
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
well i am in need of advice,i have a 6 month old baby boy and alls he is doing is crying all the time.the only one he wants to be with is me and his nose is runny.this has been going on since saturday.i have noticed just lately that he has been rubbing his head by his ear ,i am wondering if he has an ear infection or if he's just rubbing his head.lol i know but you never know with babies.i am burning out and need any advice at all.i can't even get a shower and let him with daddy without him getting really upset and screaming.anyways help.....please

CanadianChic
03-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Could be anything really, ear infection, cutting teeth, or could be just a phase he is going through where he just wants mommy.
I would take him to see your family doctor or to the after hours clinic just to be sure, especially if he is pulling at his ears.

ChelorSean
03-09-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah see the thing is he is a mommas boy but its much much worse since saturday.when it first started i thought it was bananas cause it was the first time i gave it to him,but i stopped sunday and he hasn't.i think if he is still going i will have to take him to the clinic.

magoosmomma
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I would take him in to be checked...he had the rash too as well right?

ChelorSean
03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
yes he did.but i put him in a diaper shirt for the night and he was fine no rash so its just that he was getting to hot.

Cartersmom
03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
he could be teething. a lot of kids get the runny nose and are super cracnky when theyre teething..
As for the ear infection, apparently they don't give anything for it anymore. usually they go away on thier own, only if it really persists do they give the antibiotics then, I took my ds when he was little and that's what the attending doctor said to me at the time :)

mommam
03-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Have you tried giving some infant advil? If it is teething or an ear infection that should give some temporary relief. Does the baby have any teeth yet? I always found the first ones on the top and the first ones on the bottom caused the kids the most pain.

QuispamsisHome
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi...It sounds like something is wrong. If he isn't normally that irritable and is pulling at his ears it's most likely an ear infection or teething.

In either case he should have tylenol or Advil (which ever you normally use) ...BUT before you give it to him can you take his temperature so that you know if he is running a temp? This will help them diagnose the problem if you take him to the after hrs or OPD. If it was me I would take him to be checked especially where he had the rash also...it could be associated with other illnesses as well.
The Tylenol will help with the irritability even if he doesn't have a temp.
Poor little guy...he doesn't sound happy....best of luck to you...

nbnewfie
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
it sounds to me.. like he is teething.. My daughter is teething right now, and she is fussier than before, and sometimes she just wants to be held and comforted by mommy or daddy.

She is pulling at her ears and holding her head a lot too. Also the diaper rash is a sign of teething, even though doctors will not agree 100% to this. My friend told me about a solution.. you can ask your Dr. it is a combination of Canestan and a low dose steriod. you put it lightly on the rash and it clears it up really quickly! I found it worked wonders.

As for the crankyness, try giving your baby some childrens tylenol. He is probaly getting bad headaches and don't know what to do, you know yourself how painful toothaches can be. Go by his weight though, not his age for the recommended dosage.

Hope this helps! Hang in there, it will get better!

magoosmomma
03-09-2007, 09:31 PM
he could be teething. a lot of kids get the runny nose and are super cracnky when theyre teething..
As for the ear infection, apparently they don't give anything for it anymore. usually they go away on thier own, only if it really persists do they give the antibiotics then, I took my ds when he was little and that's what the attending doctor said to me at the time :)
I think it would depend on whether or not there is just fluid or if its actually infected

My son gets meds each time because his are persistant (even with tubes)

ChelorSean
03-10-2007, 06:46 AM
thanks goin4coffee,i will have to try that when he gets a bum rash but the rash is all on his back or was i have no checked yet today.he slept really good last night from about 10:40-7:00.i feel a little renewed:) .anyways hubby and i have been keeping a real close eye on him and he hasn't pulled at his ear since that day so i am really thinking it must be teeth but anything today and he is going to get checked.thanks everyone! sometimes you just need a little help and i know i already have another child that is older but they are different then night and day!

magoosmomma
03-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Thats so true

I have 3 kids and always question whats wrong with each of them...its a momma;s right..lol

ChelorSean
03-10-2007, 12:49 PM
thanks to all you momma's that gave advice!i will update for ya's if i end up taking him or if a tooth comes...lol