PDA

View Full Version : Eva Avila Concert - Great time! 'George' opener reviews...

AreWeThereYetMom
03-09-2007, 12:08 AM
My daughter and I went to the concert at the Imperial & had a great time.
Opening act by 'George' had the girls screaming as well lol
Eva has some great charisma and hoping her fan base follows her well through her new career.
Guess I didn't expect so many screaming preteen girls there as well lol but we had a fun time and the stage light effects were good too.
I didn't care for the furnace oil smell in there at times though, but with the arctic chill walking to the theater we appreciated being indoors!!
She performed her new songs and some others as well... and the audience appreciated her encore return to the stage for another couple songs.
I forgot what it was like to be a teen with many idol's and plastered wall posters.

I couldn't find newspaper reviews for Eva, but info on 'George' are below but sadly enough though... saw this in tonights paper :(
Keep valuables out of sight - Four cars parked outside the Imperial Theatre Tuesday night at 10:21 p.m. had windows smashed and a number of items stolen. The Saint John Police Force said the valuables taken - two purses, credit cards, cellphone, gold watch and a large sum of cash in one of the purses - were all in plain view. Police are warning drivers to put such valuables in the trunk or risk losing them to roving thieves.

George - Believe (Fontana)

New Brunswick music fans were introduced to George, a new talent who opened the Eva Avila shows on his first national tour.

The rising star is just 20, but he's already snagged a Juno nod for R&B/Soul Recording of the Year. He's been living in Toronto since age nine, but was born in New York City and has a star connection in his family: he's Kevin Bacon's and Kyra Sedgwick's nephew.

George is just a kid, but he has the ears and taste of a veteran.

He wanted this disc to sound modern, yet use some classic production, with layers of instruments.

"I love all types of music," he said on the eve of the tour. "I get a lot of influence from Michael Jackson and also Stevie Wonder. He's a genius, I love his chord changes." Like Wonder, George is also a multi-instrumentalist, playing guitar, keys, synthesizer and even chromatic harmonica, like Stevie. Old school, new jack, hip-hop, dance, it all fits in George's groove.

"It doesn't have a colour, it doesn't have a race, it doesn't have a region," he said of his mix. "It's music that everyone can get into."

And they are, thanks to national play and the Juno nod.

"I can't believe it got nominated, it's such a blessing," he said. "It's just so great that people across Canada are listening. That's the part I can't believe, that people right across the land are into it."

Mandy
03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Did not know she was coming to Saint John. Glad you had a good time.
Nice to support Canadian musicians.

tred816
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I was there too! Wow! What a performance! I was impressed with both Eva and George! My 14 year old daughter was too. Especially when Eva came off the stage and tried her hardest to touch or shake hands with as many of the audience as she could! She was magnificent!