PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Car insurance

mommahas2babies
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Anyone know of a place that has low car insurance rates? I have had my license for over 10 years, 2 accidents, one deamed not my fault. Every where I call wants 2500-3000 a year? Does that seem wrong? I have not had insurance in my name in 4 years, they say that is why the rates are higher.. Its like being a new driver all over again..

Chinna Dah
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
that sounds about right. I pay just over 1000.00 a year. I have had my license for 17 years, and have had my own car pretty much the whole time. I have had a 3 accidents, one being my fault (slid on ice), the other was her fault, and the other was his fault, now mind you I have not had an accident in over 13 years.

Marsha
03-09-2007, 12:00 PM
I called every insurance company in the book and the lowest rate I got was with John walker insurance on Bayside Drive. The lady I talked to was Carol. Give them a call and see if they will give you a cheaper rate. 633 1990

alaska
03-09-2007, 05:34 PM
You might want to ask when their last rate reduction was.

mommahas2babies
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I spent the day on the phone today and the 2 cheapest places I found were Fairweathers and Anderson. Still pretty high but I don't have a choise I guess.. Does anyone know how often ur insurance rates can be lowereD? does it go based on how long u have ur policy or just when the gov't puts the rates down? Thanks guys!

Cartersmom
03-09-2007, 07:42 PM
That seems kind of expensive to me.
We only pay $700 a year and are only 30. Thats even for collision, comprehensive (all perils?) liability and I even put on the endorsement for the one accident forgiven clause. Our vehicle isn't a piece of crap either, it's replacement value on the form says $29,000 (tho it certianly isn't worth that)

I would suggest getting a klunker for 6 months with just liability (that would be cheaper. After the 6 months, sell the klunker and call the ins compnies again. It seems that if you answer no to "are you currently insured" that rates go way up. That has been my experience.

Rickster
03-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Well I called around (to all) and the best quote at the time was Ed Kelly in Grand Bay.Mind you that I was stupid and let my ins. drop for two years and Kellys had to put me on a high risk policy for 1 year at $163.00 amth. for 8 mths. plus $400.00 down..That Hurt especially after only paying $47.00 mth. previously. Anyway like I said,it was just one year and after that was over I now pay $43.00 mth with $128.00 down payment as they placed me with a different ins.company after the 1 year probation on the high risk policy.So, I guess He(Ed Kelly)might be worth calling as I feel he did good for me.(and my Sister and her Son). P.s. the first Company was Royal Sun-Life and now I'm with Wananesa which I hear is really good to get with.