PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up Taxes

mommahas2babies
03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
I have a question about employers screwing up on the amount of taxes they take out of ur pay?
Maybe start at the begining... When I was hired I filled out all the forms for taxes. My boss didnt know how much to put in the dependant section, (7,448) she told me that I had to put 14,896 because I have 2 dependants. So that is what I did. Well I got my T4 and it says they only took out 14.00 in taxes in 3 months. I had repeatedly asked her about this because this did not seem right... She kept telling me that it is correct, that I would not owe money at tax time, that everythin was fine. Well I filed my taxes today and I owe 500.00!! Does anyone know if I can fight this? I don't feel I should be screwed over on my taxes cause my boss is an idiot! Sorry for the rant..

Mandi
03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Where are your pay stubs for the last three months? it should have how much you have paid into taxes , ei, and cpp.

mommahas2babies
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I have all my stubs and I know that they did not take the right amount of taxes out of me, but my problem is that I repeatdly asked my boss about this issue and she kept telling me that it was done correctly, dont question her, that it was fine etc
.. ARG... I hate my boss and hope that she gets burned on her taxes like she did to mine and many of the other people at the company!

Chinna Dah
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM
I know it sucks that you have to pay 500.00 now, BUT you would have paid that anyway, it just sucks it is in one lump sum. I doubt your boss will do anything, and I doubt that anything can be done about it

kimbey76
03-09-2007, 07:59 AM
im pretty sure you cant do anything about it but make sure she changes it so that the same thing doesnt happen again next year

blacksheep
03-27-2007, 09:32 AM
You will likely have to pay the $500, but if you are a single Mom you
may be able to use one of your children as a "dependant" in your Federal Non Refundable Tax Credits, that might help bring down your tax amount owing.If you are working P/T and don't make over $100, no tax is taken out of your pay.