PDA

View Full Version : Looking for artists/art classes etc

donteatrawpotatoes
03-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey there!
I'm looking for life drawing classes, and other artists to share ideas with and ask advice. Although it's great getting compliments from friends on my work, it's not the same as getting constructive critisism. I'm really looking to improve and going to some classes now and then and discussing art will keep my mind sharp and definately help me improve.

So if you want to swap sketches/paintings etc and/or know of any life drawing classes that are going on drop me a line! :)

Email me @ Llourn at gmail dot com

Peace :D

nadia.m.
03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Have you tried contacting the SJ Arts Centre?

They have a life drawing class. Here's the link:

http://www.saintjohnartscentre.com/

donteatrawpotatoes
03-08-2007, 05:17 PM
:biggrin: woohoo!
thats great! thank you so very very much! :D

beckettjag
03-08-2007, 06:35 PM
My sister does portraits and went to NBCC for graphic art she could most certainly help you she often does sittings with models for life drawings drop her a line she is a very good teacher if not she's great on advice for your art.
Jesica_847@hotmail.com.She's also known as sjfairy on this site

rogerfoucault
03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey there!
I'm looking for life drawing classes, and other artists to share ideas with and ask advice. Although it's great getting compliments from friends on my work, it's not the same as getting constructive critisism. I'm really looking to improve and going to some classes now and then and discussing art will keep my mind sharp and definately help me improve.

So if you want to swap sketches/paintings etc and/or know of any life drawing classes that are going on drop me a line! :)

Email me @ Llourn at gmail dot com

Peace :D

As well as a business owner I'm also a drawing instructor at the Saint John School of Rock and Film. You can check out that school's various artistic courses such as mine at www.schoolofrockandfilm.com

...or email me with any questions at roger@schoolofrockandfilm.com

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com
Email: roger@ant-tropolis.com

Mandi
03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
As well as a business owner I'm also a drawing instructor at the Saint John School of Rock and Film. You can check out that school's various artistic courses such as mine at www.schoolofrockandfilm.com (http://www.schoolofrockandfilm.com)

...or email me with any questions at roger@schoolofrockandfilm.com

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com (http://www.ant-tropolis.com)

I just checked out your site, what would you consider beginner/ intermediate/ advanced? How do you differentiate?

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 08:26 AM
I just checked out your site, what would you consider beginner/ intermediate/ advanced? How do you differentiate?
I ask prospective students to provide me with adequate samples of their artwork to determine their skillset levels. Most students openly confide if they are basic beginners and want to learn how to better themselves and they then enroll directly in my beginners' classes. Others who show me artwork that have certain proficiency in drawing but clearly show weakness in other areas are enrolled in either an intermediate or advanced session.

I have an 18-year old, self-taught girl in my Advanced class who is a wiz in certain areas but requires a bit of professional instruction in other areas to bring her skills to a more broad, diverse marketability level. Won't be long before she will be showcasing her visuals in galleries or having a more dynamic portfolio to exhibit to either potential paying clients or art institutions where she might consider enlisting. I've got samples of her in-class artwork on a wall just outside my classroom at the school so if you ever have a chance to tour the facility be sure to go to the third floor and check these out. I have other student level artwork on this same wall as well.

Being a professional animator and published medical and children's book illustrator, I can determine from my proven experience which level students need to be registered in. I've also been teaching drawing on a professional level for a few years now so I am able to gauge every students' abilities pretty accurately.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS
www.ant-tropolis.com (http://www.ant-tropolis.com/)

rubycshells
03-28-2007, 08:50 AM
My son was instructed by Roger and it was great. He has now moved on to the animation program for kids at the School of Rock and Film. He absolutely loves the program.

BTW, the program and people at the School of Rock and Film are great!

Mandi
03-28-2007, 09:00 AM
I ask prospective students to provide me with adequate samples of their artwork to determine their skillset levels. Most students openly confide if they are basic beginners and want to learn how to better themselves and they then enroll directly in my beginners' classes. Others who show me artwork that have certain proficiency in drawing but clearly show weakness in other areas are enrolled in either an intermediate or advanced session.

I have an 18-year old, self-taught girl in my Advanced class who is a wiz in certain areas but requires a bit of professional instruction in other areas to bring her skills to a more broad, diverse marketability level. Won't be long before she will be showcasing her visuals in galleries or having a more dynamic portfolio to exhibit to either potential paying clients or art institutions where she might consider enlisting. I've got samples of her in-class artwork on a wall just outside my classroom at the school so if you ever have a chance to tour the facility be sure to go to the third floor and check these out. I have other student level artwork on this same wall as well.

Being a professional animator and published medical and children's book illustrator, I can determine from my proven experience which level students need to be registered in. I've also been teaching drawing on a professional level for a few years now so I am able to gauge every students' abilities pretty accurately.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

Say I were to end up in one of your intermediate/ advance classes, What kinds of things would be gone over? I have never actually been to an art class outside of the ones I took in highschool, but art is certainly something that interests me.

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Mandi:

I would confer with you in person about this at the school, see some of your artwork, and decipher your skillset from there.

Why don't you arrange a time to meet with me to go over these (and probably more) questions that you my have?

My school email addy is roger@schoolofrockandfilm.com if you wish to further explore this option. I would have some questions for you as well, all of which would be addressed in person.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

rogerfoucault
03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
My son was instructed by Roger and it was great. He has now moved on to the animation program for kids at the School of Rock and Film. He absolutely loves the program.

BTW, the program and people at the School of Rock and Film are great!

Wow. Thanks for the kudos! Yeah, the Saint John School of Rock and Film has lots to offer both kids and adults alike! You guys ought to come to this Sunday's "Fun Day" from 2-4 p.m.. It's FREE! Tell friends, family, neighbours, co-workers...everyone! Come one, come all!

We'll have professional musicians playing in the recording studio, demos by other instructors within their own artistic disciplines, free snacks and punch, a tour of the whole facility, and more! Great networking opportunity and we'd love to meet some of you iSaintjohn folks in person!

Those of you with businesses my partner and I would love to have your business cards (for potential future business) as well.

Regards,

Roger Foucault
Co-owner
ANT-TROPOLIS STUDIOS

Ant-Tropolis
03-28-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi everyone!

As well as Rogers art classes you can get registered with the school for animation classes which are taught by myself.

We are teaching adults from 6pm to 7pm on Monday nights, Teens from 6pm to 7pm on Tuesday nights, and grade school Friday nights from 6pm to 7pm.

And I guarantee each student will create an animation there first night!

Contact Kelli Wetmore at the school kelli@schoolofrockandfilm.com or visit the website www.schoolofrockandfilm.com (http://www.schoolofrockandfilm.com) for more contact information.

I can't wait to see everyones work.