PDA

View Full Version : Saint johners apts doesnt allowed children and pets

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
ive notice alot of places around this city doesnt allowed pets or kids within their aptpartments why is that . it doesnt make scene to me having a three bd or two bd apt for rent and only allowing adults within the apt s i strongly think something should be done about this . but yet people allowe adults whom sometimes cant even take care of themselve let alone a apt like come on you gotta reliazed you were a kid ur self a point in time . not all kids are bad i mean really what damage can i kid do to a apt ?:confused:

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't think it's so important to allow children but to have a CHILD FRIENDLY building.. I don't want my kids around people who will be upset all the time or sneering at em or making remarks..

It's funny if i go to rent an apt and am refused he better have a good reason or it's discrimination.. Children are lil people too and are being discriminated against..

There really should be TOUGHER laws.. if they come out and say it's cuz of you kids .. SUE em.. discrimination!!..

Mandi
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't know if it is so much the damage as the noise. We moved recently, and apparently my daughter is loud for the people down stairs. I feel really bad about it but at the same time, this is a 'family' building, so it's left me with a bitter feeling.
There's a little boy upstairs who can be loud when he runs, it doesn't bother me in the least, but the woman up there is 100 x louder when she walks. So it has me thinking, are heavy walkers going to be the next to be left out of the apartment loop. Really, if you have kids, if you have pets, if you smoke, you pretty much have to get a house, or get stuck somewhere you may not want to be.

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:38 AM
id agree i seen myself rent a place and then the next day having to leave because my son woke up to go to the bathroom and the landlord lived down stairs and told me to do something with my f..... kid take him to the park or something im like its 5am he only went to the bathroom geess she said he woke her up so what when you have people living over you to cant except them to crawl around just to not make noises people need to live

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
and what can ya do when the landlord lies to your faces and tells you nope i dobut theres any drugs in my buildings and once i get in there its a crack shack bascially and he in good with those people whom party all the time i told him before me moving in i dont want a dump i dont like drugs and i dont like parties all the time i mean ya i can handle people having a few drinks on the weekend and having people over and partyin with a little lound music but during the week is just un called for i think

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:43 AM
:eek: She told you to do what with your child??

Good lord I would have given my months noticed and told her where she could SHOVE her attitude.. hee hee

Heavy walkers next to go??? MENTAL NOTE* Lay off the Tims donuts and watch that junk in my trunk.. lol I'm a fluffy woman and if anyone would tell me that i walked hard and complained i'd just it on em :rofl:

Did I mention that I'm becoming addicted to this site?? lol

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I agree.. when i first moved here and was looking for an apt i was checking one out and the ladies like: They sell drugs back there but they're leaving at the end of the month..
I was thinking okay and where do the junkies they didn't give their forwarding address too gonna go to find em.. :eek:

With three kids i'm NOT willing to take that chance EVER!!

WAKE UP!!!

and what can ya do when the landlord lies to your faces and tells you nope i dobut theres any drugs in my buildings and once i get in there its a crack shack bascially and he in good with those people whom party all the time i told him before me moving in i dont want a dump i dont like drugs and i dont like parties all the time i mean ya i can handle people having a few drinks on the weekend and having people over and partyin with a little lound music but during the week is just un called for i think

Mandi
03-08-2007, 10:46 AM
The way I see it is a kid has the right to play in their own home. However, a person has a right to quiet, but if you move into a family building, you would expect children noises wouldn't you? I feel badly living here, because I don't like bothering the person downstairs. And I also don't want to tell my daughter she can't have fun. It's kind of a rock and a hard place. She is a very active little girl, and It's hard for me to chase her. I can see why sometimes people don't want children in a building, but if they have a ground floor apartment, I can't see a child doing damage to the actual place.

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
haha you dont have to big fat i guess to have a heavy foot my moms friend use to live over here and she was 4foot and lound on those freakin feet it made the walls shake haha

Mandi
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM

Good lord I would have given my months noticed and told her where she could SHOVE her attitude.. hee hee

Heavy walkers next to go??? MENTAL NOTE* Lay off the Tims donuts and watch that junk in my trunk.. lol I'm a fluffy woman and if anyone would tell me that i walked hard and complained i'd just it on em :rofl:

Lol I am a heavy heavy pregnant awkward lady, and I don't walk heavy / loud, but my 3 year old does.

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
That's true too.. :rofl:

haha you dont have to big fat i guess to have a heavy foot my moms friend use to live over here and she was 4foot and lound on those freakin feet it made the walls shake haha

care1978
03-08-2007, 10:49 AM
i have a 20 month old, i have been turned away from many places bc i have a child, the best is i live in a family building now, and there is a little one under us around my sons age, her little feet hit the floor every morning around 5am.... this doesnt bother me bc she is a child, however if my son isplaying and scurries across the kitchen floor.... i get banging on the ceiling! it really makes me angry, i dont complain about the blasting music and people coming and going til the wee hours of the morning, my landlord called bc she complained abouit my son, and i told him to tell her too freaking bad, i pay rent and this is just as much my sons home as it is mine, i refuse to confine him bc somebody else stayed up all night.
and i agree that more people should start suing for discrimination when they are turned away bc of teir children.... i may very well do that myself next time ;)

care1978
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM

my landlord wouldnt have even gotten a months notice! she woulda been lucky to escape my foot in her bum... i agree this is a very addicting site!

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:51 AM
its all good people just need to take a break and stop worryin about how people walk on the floors and worry more about those in ur building whom sells drugs and do drugs those are the people to be worry about people whom do that carries alot of traffic and alot of traffic means things go down people start breakin into places and fights break out and cops around ur place all the time which doesnt look right and if your on welfare and your worker fines out all this is going on more likely theyll do something about ur kids being in this kind of building i seen people loose their kids on the count of it

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I think there should be a NO TOLERANCE law when it comes to family buildings.. any criminal activity found out is immediate eviction.. there are children to think of and it's sad that it's allowed to go on and on..

Tania
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
I always said whenever I lived in an apt.. I don't care what you do over my head long as it's to a reasonable thing.. I had one family live over me once that jumped so hard that the light fixture fell off the ceiling and smashed.. was the landlord.. no harm no foul i swept it up knocked on the door and said "here ya go" tell the lil ones hi.. lol

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
yes i agree with you there but most landlords dont care as long as their gettin the money its all that matters which is sad they have to be that way and if you miss out on ur rent or its late ur out on ur bum before the druggies are

care1978
03-08-2007, 10:57 AM
its all good people just need to take a break and stop worryin about how people walk on the floors and worry more about those in ur building whom sells drugs and do drugs those are the people to be worry about people whom do that carries alot of traffic and alot of traffic means things go down people start breakin into places and fights break out and cops around ur place all the time which doesnt look right and if your on welfare and your worker fines out all this is going on more likely theyll do something about ur kids being in this kind of building i seen people loose their kids on the count of it
i am in housing and i have been asking for a transfer for months now bc of the drug dealing going on across the hall from me, they smoke so much dope over there that at times it smells as though i just smoked a joint in my house... it absolutly reaks! someone was banging on the door this morning around 4am, they then proceded to kick the door, it woke me up, so i went t othe door and said do you mind you are gonna wake up the entire building... and the little punk said... you should be up anyways.... i was really angry. my building sucks because it isnt owned outright by housing, so anyone can live in my building GRRRR.

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 11:01 AM
ya i dont like housin i use to live on st james street and that place was a mess people always into your bussiness and when i gave them a doctor sayin what needed to be done to the place in order for my son to be safe etc they said they were gonna tranfer me and i waited and waited until it got to the point kids were lighten fires by my windows and tryin to get into my back doors so i left i could stay there it was just too much for me always something going on in those places

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 11:04 AM
does anyone here ever think the laws will change ?

care1978
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
ya i dont like housin i use to live on st james street and that place was a mess people always into your bussiness and when i gave them a doctor sayin what needed to be done to the place in order for my son to be safe etc they said they were gonna tranfer me and i waited and waited until it got to the point kids were lighten fires by my windows and tryin to get into my back doors so i left i could stay there it was just too much for me always something going on in those places
:eek: the first week i lived here the kids lit the entrance to the building on fire! i find that there isnt enough for kids to do nowadays... and they are all bored, so they make mischief. im seriously thining about leaving housing.

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
ya i had to leave on the count of stuff like that myself and i remeber coming home from the hosptail one time because my son was in the hopstail and i was talking to a friend of mine in the hall way and this lady yells at me sayin shes gonna beat my head in if i dont leave her clothes alone i looked at her and asked her what shes talking about because i wasnt home over a week and wasnt using the laundry room lol some people have issues i gotta say eh blamin me when there s 13 other apts in that building when it could been anyone and i know for a fact it wasnt me first of all shes way bigger then i was and i take size small and her clothes would been a large lol and when i did go use the laundry room she had big note on the wall tellin people off etc it was kinds funny in a way but also made me mad she came at me like that for no reason

jdcb
03-08-2007, 03:34 PM
The problem with sueing for discrimination, is you have to prove it. If you go to the courts with "he told me I couldn't because of my kids" they'll ask what evidence you have to support the claim. Simply not getting the apt isn't enough.

Landlords sometimes get hundreds or applicants for 1 apt. They have to choose one person. And he doesn't have to explain why he/she chose that person over you.

I'm in the situation now where i know my landlord doesn't really want kids in the building. But I've been here for 4 years and my wife is pregnant. It could be fun...

magoosmomma
03-08-2007, 07:23 PM
The problem with sueing for discrimination, is you have to prove it. If you go to the courts with "he told me I couldn't because of my kids" they'll ask what evidence you have to support the claim. Simply not getting the apt isn't enough.

Landlords sometimes get hundreds or applicants for 1 apt. They have to choose one person. And he doesn't have to explain why he/she chose that person over you.

I'm in the situation now where i know my landlord doesn't really want kids in the building. But I've been here for 4 years and my wife is pregnant. It could be fun...

Exactly..You have to have proof not just a he said she said kind of thing

magoosmomma
03-08-2007, 07:25 PM
I called about a place once and the owner didnt come right out and say he didnt want my kids there but kept saying over and over again that there were no kids in the building and that people there worked shift work etc.. I didnt even bother looking at the place..

friskytigress
03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I graduated law and worked for them there's nothing you can do because it's the lanlords discretion on whom he rents to. Its bad i know but i dont think it will ever change because the lanlord has full say plus he would lie. If you think this is big listen to this my husbands bestfriend was refusd rental here because he is black and you should have heard the excuses they told him and he could do nothing he just laughed it off and felt sorry actually for the person for being the way he was.:(

magoosmomma
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
I graduated law and worked for them there's nothing you can do because it's the lanlords discretion on whom he rents to. Its bad i know but i dont think it will ever change because the lanlord has full say plus he would lie. If you think this is big listen to this my husbands bestfriend was refusd rental here because he is black and you should have heard the excuses they told him and he could do nothing he just laughed it off and felt sorry actually for the person for being the way he was.:(

:eek: Did they actually tell him it was because of his colour?

nadia.m.
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM
The NB Human Rights Commission website has a whole section dealing with discrimination in housing that specifically interprets the Human Rights Act and states that it is absolutely not permitted to discirminate on the basis of age, including advertising a building as "no children".

Here a link to that section of the site:

http://www.gnb.ca/hrc-cdp/e/Guideline-on-Housing-Discrimination.pdf

jdcb
03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
but again, you have to prove it.

frisky, don't know much about law, but I do know that telling someone they can't rent your apt because they have kids is discrimination against age and family status. Such discrimination is against the law, and can be pursued... Problem is is proving that it happened...

trinity
03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
I called about a place once and the owner didnt come right out and say he didnt want my kids there but kept saying over and over again that there were no kids in the building and that people there worked shift work etc.. I didnt even bother looking at the place..

I work overnights only and trust me, you CAN learn to sleep through just about anything. I don't expect the WHOLE world to bend around me like some overnight workers I know, I'M the one with the freaky shift, not the other 3 tenants in the building. If you work overnight and can't sleep through normal life noises, you need a new job! However, that said, I don't like kids much at all, decent parents don't let their kids run indoors, it's dangerous and unecessary. My parents used to rent two apartments downstairs and if I took off running, my mother corralled me, telling me I was bothering the tenants. Once or twice I said something "But WE own the house, if they don't like it, THEY can move!" Then she would say I was being rude and and send me to my room. I resented the tenants my whole childhood, I felt they kept me from having any fun.
And also, having viewed my parents lives as landlords for 25 years, the problems caused by people's kids vs that caused by childless tenants was pretty much equal, with the most trouble coming from non-employed tenants with live-in boyfriends.

friskytigress
03-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes it is not aloud unless stated but again it turns into a he said she said right? just a big pain i guess and who would want to live in a place were you know they don't want your kiddies kinda uncomfortable i guess and they will always find problems and blame your kids . With our friend they didn't indirectly say it was because he was black but when he called they were so happy and friendly and they talked for awhile on the phone everything was great. When he showed up they were mean and started to say we don't allow partying,we don't want people come in and out of the building after 11, maybe this side of town would not work for you because of were you work with the travel and hey have you contacted such and such they rent alot of apartments out and it's closer to your work. him and his fiance both have great jobs, no pets or kids with good references. so he kinda figured out what was going on fast.He was in shock because he had never had this problem ever.But you know what it could have been a different reason to:rolleyes: you never know.

And i think kids in a apartment with more than 1 bedroom should NOT be a problem they are just rude people you hit them 1 in so many. You will get the perfect place :D

friskytigress
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM
but again, you have to prove it.

frisky, don't know much about law, but I do know that telling someone they can't rent your apt because they have kids is discrimination against age and family status. Such discrimination is against the law, and can be pursued... Problem is is proving that it happened...

Yes it is unless stated because thy can state no kids/no pets/no smoking ect but proving it sometimes may be hard (not impossable;) ) but hey if you are really upset and feel you were wrongly treated (which she was). Go to the rental office first they will give the best advice i think.;)

marriedchickie
03-09-2007, 06:07 AM
My apt looked great when we first moved in. It's a lil small, but, it's our first apartment..so it's ok. Then, the mold, and the smell of drugs in the hallway from the neighbors, then, the clanking from the water heater when you turn off the hot water, Next was the front of the drawers in teh kitchen. We ended up fixing them ourselves the best way we knew how. New knobs and a load of carpenters glue and a couple of strategically places screws. ;)

When I told the landlord about the mold, (in a basement apt) he told me that it was something i've done. Well I've done nothing but scrub and try to keep it as cleaned up as I can while we look for a new place. When I mentioned to him about maybe a lack of a vapour barrier behind the gyp-rock and maybe it needed to be replaced, he said , nah...they'll just clean it up and slap some new paint on it. hhmm... :confused:

My latest upset is the lack of consideration in a parking lot with NO assigned parking. A friend of mine dropped her daughter off and we visited for about 20 mins. When she went out to her car, one of my charming neighbors was parked about 6 inches from her car because she dared to park in his space. We went to knock on his door to move the car, and this is not the first time it's happened, and he freaks sideways. When i told the landlord/caretaker whatever his job is, he said that he does NOT get in the middle of tenant disputes, so i basically told him to "dispute this" and walked away...lol. :rolleyes: :confused:

And of course last but not least, the lack of care in the parking lot. We have an elderly neighbor upstairs (and she is a sweetie, I work shift work and she's always asking if she's too loud when i'm sleeping) and she has fallen out in the parking lot. There is no salt or sand and it's a bottle. I had recently fallen and ended up at the ER because it really hurt to breathe. Come to find out that I have 2 broken ribs. Man what a lot of pain. When I told the landlord about what happened, he told me to be more careful...huh???:eek:

The only thing about this building that I do like is that they do allow children and pets. Too bad a few tenants let them out in -40 weather all the time. I've let them in and the owners put them right back out:mad:

sweetnessthing
03-09-2007, 05:14 PM
ya ive notice myself alot of places ive rented were dumps heaters not workin leaks plugs not workin stoves not workin all kinds of stuff wrong with all these places around saint john nb i find sometimes its way too much and ur puttin urself at risk and most these you cant notice until you move in and once you moved in its too late you can turn back.... i especailly hate it when the landlord doesnt have a place for you to put ur garbage so i have it pulled up in my place and outside by my stairs smellin and blowning away into other people s yard but else can i do landlord told us to put it out back on the stairs when stray cats and aniamls dig into it and leaves a big mess

megz
03-09-2007, 07:11 PM
ya ive notice myself alot of places ive rented were dumps heaters not workin leaks plugs not workin stoves not workin all kinds of stuff wrong with all these places around saint john nb i find sometimes its way too much and ur puttin urself at risk and most these you cant notice until you move in and once you moved in its too late you can turn back.... i especailly hate it when the landlord doesnt have a place for you to put ur garbage so i have it pulled up in my place and outside by my stairs smellin and blowning away into other people s yard but else can i do landlord told us to put it out back on the stairs when stray cats and aniamls dig into it and leaves a big mess

slum lords... i had one , had a broken fridge , then the stove went .. and then i went lol i couldnt wait

mommyd
03-10-2007, 09:00 PM
I must say
Reading all of the posts
i have been very lucky with apts
well
two out of three anyways lol
the one i'm in now is relatively quiet (anything that happens outside the apt doors is loud but only because the hallway is open and it echos)
and i'm pretty sure there isn't any drug use , except for a lot of cigerette smoking by one apt but they go outside (this is a smoke free building)
I have a 3 year old son
and we have been told by the landlord that if anyone complains about anything that has to do with my son they will tell those ppl that it's a family building and that's just the way it is. Also the ppl below us have a new baby. I feel bad about any loud walking or yelling (sometimes it's necessary with the little one, although i'm trying to not do that anymore. )We are living in a Killam property and i really do think they do a great job
The only real complaint is the way the plow driver "does his job" he plows the street.. but that is it. Plowing cars in and now all the spots are all ice. We made a complaint about it, but they said there's nothing they can do because it's a city plower and they aren't allowed to hire their own.
They run the buildings really well, and i've never seen anything suspicious. They also have cleaners that come in every day and clean the buildings (hallways) i smell the cleaner every day.
I must say i'm not going to take for granted how lucky i am to be living here anymore
:)

T4
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM
So finding an apartment that is kid friendly/pet friendly/smoke friendly, is almost impossible in this city. I was fortunate enough to find a very large apartment that is all 3 of those things except.....it hasn't come without it's problems. The rent is SUPER cheap...but my hydro bill last month....$756.00. I have put plastic on every possible window...still the place is cold. The pipes rattle loudly and sound like they are a fog horn when the people upstairs flush their toilet. Some of the heaters don't work, lots of drafts coming from under the doors, I could go on, but for what reason?? My landlord is a good person and assures me that things will get fixed this spring/summer. But it's the waiting...that is sooo hard to do. I don't dare look for anyplace else, because finding a place that fits my needs....a HARD thing to do in this city.

ceg
03-10-2007, 10:16 PM
I used to live in an apartment that had two adults living above me. One of the adults moved out and someone else with a young child moved in. I had barely heard the people upstairs until now. The first morning they were there the kid had a temper tantrum for an hour at 7 AM. Also he not only runs but stomps and jumps everywhere. He would scream and cry for at least an hour everyday.

I happened to be moving anyways but I probably would have looked for another place just because of that. I'm paying to live there too, if I don't do anything to bother them then they should try to help me out.

trinity
03-11-2007, 01:07 AM
$756! Are you sure you arent subsidizing someone else's power? I have a very large Victorian era apartment, some new and some very old windows. through some of them I hear people talking outside like they're in my house, and I live on the 2nd level. We've never gotten around to putting plastic on them, nor insulation on our hot water heater etc-in short we have a very energy inefficient apartment. More than half the windows leak. Because I work nights, when I am home I run lights in rooms pretty much all night long. I also tend to fall asleep with my bedroom light on. We also have a dishwasher and cook a LOT, plus my computer and TV is on for hours a day every day, and our bill was only $326 last month, we pay all our own heat and lights plus our front porch light is on our power so we discovered this month.

puppyluv
03-11-2007, 06:40 AM
I will forward an email address of a company that is currently removating some apts and does allow cats and dogs. I spoke with him yesterday about it.

space
03-11-2007, 07:20 AM
I must say
Reading all of the posts
i have been very lucky with apts
well
two out of three anyways lol
the one i'm in now is relatively quiet (anything that happens outside the apt doors is loud but only because the hallway is open and it echos)
and i'm pretty sure there isn't any drug use , except for a lot of cigerette smoking by one apt but they go outside (this is a smoke free building)
I have a 3 year old son
and we have been told by the landlord that if anyone complains about anything that has to do with my son they will tell those ppl that it's a family building and that's just the way it is. Also the ppl below us have a new baby. I feel bad about any loud walking or yelling (sometimes it's necessary with the little one, although i'm trying to not do that anymore. )We are living in a Killam property and i really do think they do a great job
The only real complaint is the way the plow driver "does his job" he plows the street.. but that is it. Plowing cars in and now all the spots are all ice. We made a complaint about it, but they said there's nothing they can do because it's a city plower and they aren't allowed to hire their own.
They run the buildings really well, and i've never seen anything suspicious. They also have cleaners that come in every day and clean the buildings (hallways) i smell the cleaner every day.
I must say i'm not going to take for granted how lucky i am to be living here anymore
:)

*removed* do not use names of companies please.

as you were saying it sounds like the same area that we use to live in. we moved out of there because of break-ins. smell of cigarette smoke in hallways and you can hear people talking from other apartments and the loud echos from the hallways. and when some people there smoke their dope they go out back and the smell of dope comes in our bedroom window. we lived there almost a year until they had 2 people moved in as they were friends and had kids and each had a unit.. then the break-ins started and smell of cigarette and dope.

Cherry Pop
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't know if it is so much the damage as the noise. We moved recently, and apparently my daughter is loud for the people down stairs. I feel really bad about it but at the same time, this is a 'family' building, so it's left me with a bitter feeling.
There's a little boy upstairs who can be loud when he runs, it doesn't bother me in the least, but the woman up there is 100 x louder when she walks. So it has me thinking, are heavy walkers going to be the next to be left out of the apartment loop. Really, if you have kids, if you have pets, if you smoke, you pretty much have to get a house, or get stuck somewhere you may not want to be.

My daughter and I are fairly quiet and haven't had any complaints before until we moved to this apartment a year ago. The lady below us complaints if you breathe too loud. The rest of the people in our co-op know that she has always been like this so they told me to ignore her so I do! I guess the lady who lived here before was really sick and spent the last six months before I moved in, in the hospital so the lady downstairs was use to not having anyone live above her. I do ignore her complaints but at the same time it does get a bit ridiculas at times!

T4
03-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I know, I have wondered about whether or not we are helping to heat the other tenants apartments. I am worried about what this months bill is going to be like...UGH!!

trinity
03-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, because that seems excessive to me, I used to pay the heat and lights for 3 apartments and in the winter time we usually went through about $1100 worth of oil and $120 power for a 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartment plus full unfinished basement. Either SJ Energy screwed up or you're running a grow op (just kidding).

T4
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
LOL, well if I was growing a "grow op"....maybe then I'd be able to afford the heat bill!! LOL I am waiting on my landlord to see if he followed through this week with finding out information for me. I know that being patient might not be the best in this case, but it also will mean whether or not I'll be spending another winter here.

trinity
03-12-2007, 08:15 AM
I just thought I would mention it, as I said earlier we discovered we were paying for the front porch light these past 3 years when we snapped off a circuit breaker to shut off the smoke detector (darn thing kept going off just for boiling pasta) and off went the light. Also, I know that there is a store on Westmorland road that is now closed-it has an apartment attached and we found that when the apartment was vacant for two months, we still had a $60 power bill per month for the apartment, and when we turned off some breakers in the apartment to check, some things in the store no longer worked. The apartment was originally the owners residence but since the 1980s had been separate and rented out, and whoever lived there had subsidized the store's power bill without knowing, as the previous owner had always rented the apartment unheated, unlighted.

vanessalynn5484
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
My best friend almost got an apartment right beside me this weekend BUT the owner wouldn't let them move in because she and her roomie have kitties :( I suggested she offer him a couple extra hundred dollars on the damage deposit, but he was very firm in not wanting animals.