PDA

View Full Version : Time to let go and Rant!

mama2be
03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
Ok I am getting completly frustrated with the child tax office! I had a baby in Aug. I am STILL waiting to get my child tax credit. No 100$ universal or the other amount i would get. After 4 months of waiting they still had nothing and they sent us another form to send out. now it's 7 weeks tomorrow since we sent out the second form, and they still have nothing! NO records of anything on their end! I have been calling them around 4 times a week and they have no answers for me. I am extremly mad!WellI will get backpay for it but once I do get it it will be definetly needed. I am curently on maternity leave and everyone knows that EI is not what an actual pay check is! And if you owe the Gov money from your taxes or for anything they want it right away or they will charge interest on it! Well I am damn well sure I won't be getting even a simple sorry from them! Anyways, I could go on for so much longer but It won't get me anywhere! sorry guys!

Tania
03-08-2007, 08:41 AM
you will get all your backtime.. it's frustrating but eventually they'll get it together.. it is the Government after all.. Hang in there ..

Tania
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
you need this more then I do. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/fuzzylioness/thChocolatecraving.gif

mama2be
03-08-2007, 08:51 AM
you will get all your backtime.. it's frustrating but eventually they'll get it together.. it is the Government after all.. Hang in there ..

Yeah hopefully!! I have been waiting now for them to return my call on it and they even say they put it on a priority but what's that supposed to mean. they'll call me when she turns a year old?? Wish i could just go to NL to speak to them in person!! LOL! Don't seem to get any satisfaction over the phone. I mean this is going to end up being about 1400$ in the end adn well I am sure we all can use that sort of money and well when it's "CHILD TAX" this is the child's money, not for beer and popcorn! and well things are getting tough right now and they can't do anyting. they don't even have record of our forms, ( both of em!) Someone there needs a good kick in the A$$! And do their job and get things done!

mama2be
03-08-2007, 08:52 AM
you need this more then I do. http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/fuzzylioness/thChocolatecraving.gif

I think I need more than just chocolate! this morning I woke up and just had enough and called them with still no results!!

Tania
03-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I'd call EVERY single day .. But that's me but for it to take THIS long.. I've had three babies and each one I got the CTB within two months less if they were born before the 10th..

mama2be
03-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I'd call EVERY single day .. But that's me but for it to take THIS long.. I've had three babies and each one I got the CTB within two months less if they were born before the 10th..

Same with all my friends! they had rec'd a check by the time the child was 3 months old at the latest!

Tania
03-08-2007, 09:16 AM
and as for the comment about us owing the government.. that's the truth.. if we owed them they'd get their money one way or another and i think if they take unnecessary time then THEY should be penalized by having to pay you interested on YOUR money.. Butthat would be a perfect world and that is one we don't live in..

mama2be
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
and as for the comment about us owing the government.. that's the truth.. if we owed them they'd get their money one way or another and i think if they take unnecessary time then THEY should be penalized by having to pay you interested on YOUR money.. Butthat would be a perfect world and that is one we don't live in..

That's right and they are the Gov!

LiLLY
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I had my daughter in December and didn't get anything until JUne!

Tania
03-08-2007, 09:50 AM
OUCH!!! I wonder how they can get away with that even though they are the government.. I mean being a new mom and I know how much that costs DOUBLE OUCH.. You need that money NOW not 6 months down the road..

OMG i would call 4 times a day.....

jdcb
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd be calling every two or three hours for a status update...

mama2be
03-08-2007, 05:54 PM
I'd be calling every two or three hours for a status update...

LOL!! I called about 3 times today. and as usual someone will call me back in 72 hours!! well it's been way past 72 hours and well i am pretty much fed up. Today I had them file a formal complaint. not that it will get me anywhere!

marriedchickie
03-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Try calling the local MLA. They can be useful. They may have more pull than you do. THey were actually the ones who suggested the inspector for my old apartment I was talking about in another post.

mama2be
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
Try calling the local MLA. They can be useful. They may have more pull than you do. THey were actually the ones who suggested the inspector for my old apartment I was talking about in another post.

good idea, if I don't hear anything back from them by monday. I think I will be calling. Hopefully I won't need to but I'll do what needs to be done.

Cartersmom
03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
When did you apply? If they lost your forms rmaybe you can fax them instead of snailing them? I got mine asap as well as everyone I know..it sucks trying to make do with the "pay" from mat leave .why is that cap so low???

mama2be
03-10-2007, 10:40 AM
When did you apply? If they lost your forms rmaybe you can fax them instead of snailing them? I got mine asap as well as everyone I know..it sucks trying to make do with the "pay" from mat leave .why is that cap so low???

Well I first sent in the first form the middle of sept. then called them in january wondering where my money was, and well they had nothing and then they sent out a new form to start everything all over again. so the 3rd week in jan i sent another one out with the self addressed envelope they sent and they still have nothing even in their systems that they rec'd my 2nd or first form. so We finally got to talk to someone they seems to be trying to get things done and we got to fax it over this time. so they say they will some how prioritize it but what's that gonna be another couple months?

01_neon_rider
03-10-2007, 10:49 AM
I wish you luck!!!The government is the slowest organization ive ever seen!!!My daughter was born may 2002 and i didnt recieve my first payment until december 2002!!8 months later. I couldnt believe they could make us wait that long. I am still having problems with them..... I applied for a student loan and they didnt send me the documents for the second half so my tuition was 6 weeks late because of their mistake!!GRRR it makes me mad:mad:

mommahas2babies
03-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I had my son in july, did not get mine till june the next year the gov't had everything screwed up, lost all our papers. etc.. My daughter I had in Nov and I think I had her money by Feb?

mama2be
03-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Well I finally got my child tax today. back pay and all. Except I still have to wait till april to get teh universal money(100$ a month).

ChelorSean
03-22-2007, 08:34 AM
wow good for you...did you find out why it took so long?i know my son is a little younger than your daughter and i got mine in september 18 days after i had him.....glad to hear you got it

artemisrane
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I must be really lucky because all of my payments were processed within 2 months. One time I had to file for EI and was "forgotten about" or "misplaced" and I had to wait 3 months before I got anything...I did get some back pay, but I was badly in debt by the end of it.

artemisrane
03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
The only reason why they even remembered about me was because I called and bugged them. I found out everyone locally who was involved in my case and contacted them as well. It's easy for them to see you as just another number, so if you are persistent (and polite, you win more bees with honey...) it may help a little bit...sometimes.

mama2be
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
well the original 2 forms were never found. we ended up faxing over to a team leader and it was processed within a matter of a few days! but they can't get the universal one out in a rush.