PDA

View Full Version : Missing Files...

cornerofeden
12-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I had gotten an email with an attachment which I could not open. I went into folder options to change the settings and found two files missing. (1) gifview.dll
(2).ppt
Does anyone know how I can reinstall them?
When I tried to get .ppt it couldn't do anything because the gifview.dll were missing.
Thanks

Fundy
12-26-2006, 11:15 PM
ppt is the file extension for microsoft power point. Perhaps you dont have that installed on your computer which means you wont be able to open those types of files.

go here to get power point viewer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer

icedragon
12-27-2006, 03:20 AM
by any chance do you have something installed by yahoo?

cornerofeden
12-27-2006, 06:22 AM
by any chance do you have something installed by yahoo?
Yes, the new messenger. Could that be the problem?

icedragon
12-27-2006, 10:40 AM
I have no experience with yahoo at all as I use msn. I have been reading on other forums I give tech help on and there are lot of people complaining about installing yahoo and it messing up something with that file. I believe from the replys that people have been giving that this file is a yahoo file, or yahoo replaces this file with their own and for some other reason doesn't seem to work on some machines. all I can say right now is to uninstall anything yahoo and see if it works then, try redownloading and reinstalling the program, if that doesn't work, uninstall again and try and install the older version of the program if you can still get it. if that still doesn't work i'll read deeper into what is actually going on and try to help you more

cornerofeden
12-27-2006, 11:23 AM
I will try that. Everything is Rogers Yahoo, uninstall that and reinstall?

icedragon
12-28-2006, 03:24 AM
everything yahoo, including browser add-ons if you installed them