PDA

View Full Version : Litterbox Problems

thebowler
03-06-2007, 03:37 PM
I have a 9-year-old male tabby cat. He was using his litterbox to do all of his business up until a month ago. He still uses it to urinate, but often leaves his deposits on my floor. He used to do this when I was out of the room, but now does it in front of me. His litterbox is close and kept clean. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to get rid of him, but I can't keep cleaning up his messes. If anyone knows what his problem could be or a solution, please post. Thanks...

whisperedsin
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
My old cat had also started doing this in the months before she died. At first I thought it was because I had changed her litter but such was not the case. It was a sign that she was diabetic. You should probably get him checked. Usually acting out of character like this is a sign they are not feeling well.

leaha2879
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
i have a male cat and i had that problem a few yrs back but my cat got to the point is wasnt using it at all and would try and go to the bathroom then wouldnt..well i took it to the vet i found out that if u feed male cats certain food they get uraniary track infection, and they have to removed the stones. my cat has had operation once 600.00 bucks so worth it, my moms cat had it twice, 600 the first the 2nd time 462, brcause it wasnt as bad of a case..hope this helps you im a major pet lover and i mean major :)

sunshinejlc2004
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
My cat will be 15 in July. He's always been picky with his litterbox. If I didn't clean it out every single day then he'd poop on the floor. Very aggravating. I've seen cats use the litterbox until there isn't a clean piece of litter left and yet they keep trying to use it. My cat......"I can't possibly poo in here, there's already a poo in here!" I keep the litterbox in the basement. Yesterday I came home to find that he'd left me a "present" in the living room on the entry rug. I just don't know what to do with him anymore. Sometimes I'll clean out his box and clean it out with dish soap and dry it all out and put three inches of really fine litter in (he seems to like the fine stuff better) and I'll find a "present" on the floor the next day. GRRR