PDA

View Full Version : rash

ChelorSean
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
well last night i noticed a rash on my little guys back and so far thats the only place he has it.it's little red bumps and all over.he is only 6 months....what should i do or does anyone know what it could be?

care1978
03-06-2007, 01:26 PM
well last night i noticed a rash on my little guys back and so far thats the only place he has it.it's little red bumps and all over.he is only 6 months....what should i do or does anyone know what it could be?
it very well could be just a heat rash, i know my little guy used to get them all the time, on his torso and under his chin in the creases. if it is a heat rash you aren't supposed to put any type of cream on it, just keep it really dry, the bumps don't look like little water blisters on the tip of the bumps do they?

ChelorSean
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
nope but he does have in his arm pit that looks like a pimple....do they get pimples already????like white head and everything???

care1978
03-06-2007, 02:28 PM
no it is probably a from the heat... it has a white head? its not clear and watery looking?

ChelorSean
03-06-2007, 02:45 PM
no its a white head...yuk i know but need to know these right.lol thanks for the help

QuispamsisHome
03-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Is your baby sick along with this rash or have a fever?
If so, he should be seen by a doctor. Rashes can be associated with other illnesses.

Otherwise, it sounds like a heat rash...it is usually seen in areas where clothing is tight fitting, diaper area, under arms, back of neck, and yes on the back if he has been overheated and sitting in a baby seat for long periods. Try to keep him from becoming overheated.
It should only last a few days and if it is longer or if the babe is not well...get him in to the doctor.

ChelorSean
03-06-2007, 05:36 PM
he has been really cranky since saturday and i was thinking maybe he was allergic to bananas....was the first time he had them but he is still really cranky and now this rash.it is so far only on his back but it is his whole back.:(

magoosmomma
03-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I am such a paranoid mother and take them to the dr if they have something like that..lol

sounds like he has had it a while..maybe you should get him looked at?

ChelorSean
03-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I am thinking maybe its a heat rash cause when he got up this morning the back of his pj's where wet.....so i am gonna try not putting a diaper shirt on him too and see if that helps or just putting him in a diaper shirt.

melvinwi
03-07-2007, 05:47 PM
My 5 year old had what seems to be exact same thing a few weeks ago. Small red bumps over a general area with a few pimples (actual whiteheads). These pimples seemed to receed after a few days. After hours clinic doctor was not sure what it was. Allergist seems to think it was a viral infection (of some sort) or possibly a slight case of chicken pox. She was vacinated against chicken pox at 18 months old but it is only 70 - 85% effective.

Rash is gone now along with pimples. Let me know how he is. If you go to a doctor, I'd be interested in their diagnosis.

Thanks.

ChelorSean
03-07-2007, 06:21 PM
well i think we will wait on the doctors because the rash seems to be just about gone today.so i'm just thinking heat but if it keeps coming i will go

ChelorSean
03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
well now i'm not sure what's up the rash is back and he only wore a lite sleeper with no diaper shirt on last night and its all over his back again i just changed his crib so its nothing like that.i'm really not sure what to think:confused:

care1978
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
well now i'm not sure what's up the rash is back and he only wore a lite sleeper with no diaper shirt on last night and its all over his back again i just changed his crib so its nothing like that.i'm really not sure what to think:confused:
are his sheets flanel? it really sounds to me like a heat rash, but im no Dr.
some babies are just sweaty babies, i know my son has the sweatiest feet ever, his feet sweat even when he doesnt have socks on lol. maybe you should try sleeping him in just a diaper shirt and see what happens, or maybe some cotton jammies.... how old is your little one? just wondering bc you dont want to dress he/she down too much, but i think if you put a diaper shirt on the baby and had a good blanket, that the baby should be warm enough. with rashes it is so hard to tell.

ChelorSean
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
hi there the baby is 6months old and i think i might try to sleep him in a diaper shirt but i am just scared he will get cold.....but it gets warm in here.i don't have the heat on upstairs where his room is.is it possible it could be from teething cause i think he is really bad right now.