PDA

View Full Version : Kitten sucking on my ears

whisperedsin
03-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a new kitten. We got her at 8 weeks on January 12. She is now just about 16 weeks old. Every night since the day we got her she sucks on my ears all night long. She actually falls asleep with my ear in her mouth and continues to suck off and on all night. Has anyone else ever had a cat that does this? I'm torn about locking her out of the room at night because I think she's just looking for comfort. Everything I've read online says she was weened from her mother too early. My ears are chaffed and sometimes a little sore.

care1978
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
i had a kitten a long time ago that used to do the same thing, it was a comfort thing she eventually grew out of it a few months later..... dont worry im sure she'll come out of it soon... good luck!

jdcb
03-05-2007, 03:28 PM
yep, she was taken from her mother a little too early... auth had a cat that would sit there and suck on your shirt...

he/she will grow out of it...

CM
03-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Reminds me of a cat I used to have, same issue, taken from mum too early. I didn't take her, my dad did to save her from being drowned. That would have been her fate.
She had a habit of sucking on the end of her tail. When we first got her, it was black, by the time she was about a year, it was orangey brown. She never did stop doing that, it was her security thing. LOL
whisperedsin, you are your cats sooky. LOL

SmilingJewel
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
My cat is a year and a half old and she still sits on my lap and sucks on the strings to my pajama pants lol thats not so bad, but she kneeds my stomach and my leg while shes doing it. I had to get those soft paws for her because she was ripping my skin apart. Ouch! Do they really out grow this? I'm beginning to wonder LOL

ChelorSean
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
my sisters cat does the same thing but to her hair and she got to the point that she has to lock him out of her room at night because he will do it all night and she wasn't getting any sleep!no i don't think they out grow it ,good luck

keleher
03-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Well I have a Kitten , and I wish it sucked on my ears all nite long!! Im j/k but good luck with that!!

rubycshells
03-06-2007, 01:54 AM
I had a cat that sucked on your fingers...never broke out of the habit.

How about buying a pacifier? Wonder if that would work?

whisperedsin
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Luckily I'm able to sleep through it. It's sometimes difficult to fall asleep especially when she's kneeding and purring at the same time but once I'm asleep, I can sleep through anything. I did buy some baby bottles and pacifiers but she wasn't interested at all. All she wants is my ears - no one else's, just mine - and there's no stopping her. When she's ready to suck there's nothing or no one who can stop her. If we remove her from my ear, she comes right back with even more determination.