PDA

View Full Version : Please Read.. How to help a child improve their reading?

shy
09-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Hello everyone! My daughter is in great 2,and she can read but just needs a little help.[very shy to read in front of other people] so i was just wondering is there any place i could call\web page\place i could look.anything would be great thanks..

SamAndEmmasMom
09-29-2009, 06:58 AM
When my son was in gr 2 last year, he struggled too, I got him a private tutor (whom I found on ISJ!) and she was reasonably priced and he reads great now!

Nelia29
09-29-2009, 07:24 AM
http://www.starfall.com/ is a fun website that has fun games and books they can read and it is fun for kids too.. my son loves this site..

MrsBeasley
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Great site, I'm going to see how my son enjoys it!!! Thanks Nelia!!

shy
09-30-2009, 05:57 AM
When my son was in gr 2 last year, he struggled too, I got him a private tutor (whom I found on ISJ!) and she was reasonably priced and he reads great now!

would you happen to have her name and a number?

shy
09-30-2009, 06:08 AM
hello everyone thanks for all the information!!! she loves starfall, she is a good reader but her teacher said she needs to get up to the levels,thats what her Grade 1 teacher said too.she sees a literacy teacher at school so i was maybe looking for something extra for her,I'm not sure how Meany kids she teaches but i more thinking more of a one on one..