PDA

View Full Version : Liquidation World

Crystalbeach
03-03-2007, 03:50 PM
What a let down that place is!
I thought for awhile that it would save us trips to Marden's in Calais...but OMG the same stock is in the store since they opened...

mustang5lboy
03-04-2007, 01:35 PM
i was in there for the first time just last week and i'm not impressed at all....they had boxes of stuff all over the place. in the middle of isles and everything. but the thing that made me deside i'll never go back is when i got to the cash.... the guy ringing in my stuff was either drunk, high or he hadn't slept in days. he was off in space and wouldn't even look at me or say a word. to me that's very rude when dealing with customers on a day to day basis. the least he could have done was say to have a nice day but he didn't say a word.

homey
03-04-2007, 04:51 PM
And there's no deals in there at all. You pay the same price for something there as you would any where else. I agree....not impressed.

rhiley_08j
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I know, I went in there when it first opened, and I wasn't that impressed, but I did find one good thing, they had kid's baur skates for $17. I went in the for the second time right before Valentine's Day, and they hadn't changed their stock. In fact, I thought it was funny, because before I had went there I was at Wal Mart and they had these big stuffed frogs for like $37.97 and they had the same ones at Liquidation World for $37.99 with a sign right above it that said "Why Pay Retail?". I haven't been there since.

andrea
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
i agree...never much their..
the cash registers at the end are scarry pawn shop typish lol
i did find shampoo and animal crackers
and i am miss bargin of the city!!

megz
03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
The only thing i buy there is fabaric softener ... and shampoo and some canned food.. i think it smells in there nice furiture , but its probably junk

sweetnessthing
03-08-2007, 10:33 AM
ive only been in there once and hardly seen anything worth buyin lol

mama2be
03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
I drove by the other day and the sign outside said everything in store 10% off!! I think they will be going under here soon.

Crystalbeach
03-17-2007, 01:53 AM
I'll be very surprised to see them stay open.

fergiak
03-17-2007, 10:27 AM
I have been there several times, before Christmas, I was impressed ( I had been to a liquidation World out West, so knew what to expect). however, I have been in several times since then and was NOT impressed... seems dirty, unkempt, very bare shelves, boxes everywhere. However, i was there again last weekend and once again, it was well sticked, seems less unkempt, not alot of boxes and stuff lying around and I got some good deals.. spent $60, so must have!! I know that in order to "appreciate" what this store offers, you need to make it a habit to go, once a week or more. Keep in mind that this store gets its stock from bankrumpcies, overstock, discontinued items, truck crashes, ect. So, they might not have stock all the time, but if you keep checking, you will find something worthwhile.

No, having said that, I would suggest that they have more than 1 cash open when it is busy. Last weekend when I was there, there was a huge line and only 1 person. By the way, last weekend, they had a whole lot of GRACO bay stuff.

ceg
03-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I went for an interview there once and the place was pretty messy. The staff seemed really unfriendly. They had lost my resume, the interview was literally less than 5 minutes, and the chair they had me sit in was broken. I was not impressed.

eagallant
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
I agree that it's awful and we've gone in several times, including the day it opened. I went around Christmas & bought wrapping paper. Then went to Walmart & Lawtons and they were cheaper! It's filthy. But I heard they have a 5 year lease. Good luck to that one!!
eag