PDA

View Full Version : Clothes and cooking grease stains

Pumpkin
09-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I have a black hoodie. I have noticed a small circle a lil bigger than a loonie of grease from cooking on the stove I assume. I usually try to remember to take anything good off, before I cook but I must have forgot, either that or it was from something I was eating that dripped grease down onto it...??? Now, nothing will take it out that I know of. I have had it happen many times on other clothes and I have had no luck.

So, it just dawned on me. I wonder if I take some grease and soak the whole darn thing in it to make it the color of the stain itself.

LOL Anyone ever try this before? The spot bugs me out that it's there and my hoodie is fairly new and it's my fave!!! :) Or has anyone successfuly gotten one of these stains out and if so, how?

Thanks all.

MrsBeasley
09-26-2009, 07:33 PM
I use WD-40 to remove grease stains. I spray the spot with WD-40, scrub, add detergent, scrub and launder as usual.

MrsBeasley
09-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's actually a whole list of ideas to try:

http://members.tripod.com/barefoot_lass/grease.html

wildberry
09-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Goo Gone!!! works wonders.

bradorna
09-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Try Coca Cola

MrsBeasley
09-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Try Coca Cola

lol

SamAndEmmasMom
09-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Sunlight dish detergent...takes grease off your dishes, works great on clothes too! I use it all the time!

Pumpkin
09-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Thank you all!! Will be out to do some shopping soon, I will have to pick up one or two of these things and try them out!!

Might even have some sunlight I could try. Will keep ya's posted!! It's almost unnoticable, but I notice it and it bugs me!!! The stain is no doubt set in by now though.I didn't notice it until after it had been washed and dried, so here's hopin I can still get it out.
I am not even sure how long it has been there to be honest, not long I don't think. I am large chested and the moutains kinda block the view unless I make it a point to look over. LoL

CM
09-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh I agree with the Sunlight dish soap. I use it all the time for stubborn stains, especially grease ones. I wet the spot first, add the Sunlight, work it into the stain and let it sit for about 10-15 min before I wash it in the washer. It usually always comes right out.