PDA

View Full Version : From the mouth of a child...so sweet!

Cherry Pop
03-02-2007, 09:47 PM
So my daughter starts March Break tonight as most kids do. I have been stuck in the house unable to go anywhere as y'all know I'm recovering from surgery. So I really can't take her anywhere this week. I decided to see if there was anything special she wanted to do or go this week and have her grandparents take her since I can't. I'm thinking like maybe the Aquatic center or library or anywhere she wants to go or do. So I ask her what special thing would she like to do this week that her grandparents can do with her and you know what the answer was......"I just want to stay home and spend time with you, Mom." Could I have a sweeter child? I think not!

ChelorSean
03-02-2007, 10:21 PM
awww thats so cute!

magoosmomma
03-10-2007, 04:11 AM
what a little doll..your a lucky on Cherry Pop

puppyluv
03-10-2007, 06:02 AM
I hope the recovery is a speedy and good one!
Isn't it amazing how innocent and sweet lil kids can be some times?
My goddaughter is 3 years old, she is also my older sisters child. A month or so ago, she asked my Sister is she would ask Jesus if he would let Nanny (Mom died in Jnauary) make her a hat. See, my Mom (Her Nanny) used to knit up a storm for them, alsways making her "puhpo" (read purple) hats and sweaters etc. It was sweet enough and hard enough to make me cry when I heard it. The innocence of child...

magoosmomma
03-10-2007, 06:27 AM
My middle son for the longest time asked if he could have my moms phone number in heaven so he could call her

Mandi
03-12-2007, 05:49 PM
My daughter is a little goof.
I bought a shirt yesterday, it has black stripes on it, and she giggled at me when I tried it on, poked my protruding baby belly, and said 'Look daddy! Mommy's a zebra!' I had a grilled cheese sandwich that I had feta cheese and spinach on, and she took a bite out of it and said it had leaves on it and I was weird.

care1978
03-15-2007, 10:04 AM
my little guy is only 20 months old..... but personality! wow he amazes me.
his newest line this week is; if you ask him would you like "this or that?" he says either
ok baby, or alright baby! i love it! im trying to get him outta calling me by my first name though, thats a little hard to do. I think children are absolutely amazing "people" because they are the most "real" people there are. kids rock!

Cherry Pop
03-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah I find kids are the most honest too! Ladies if you want to know how that outfit really makes you look ask your children! When I need to buy clothes I always try to take my daughter. She has no problem telling me if my butt looks fat in something,lol!

Mandi
03-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Yeah I find kids are the most honest too! Ladies if you want to know how that outfit really makes you look ask your children! When I need to buy clothes I always try to take my daughter. She has no problem telling me if my butt looks fat in something,lol!
that's hilarious!
I tried on my hubby's glasses when my daughter was almost two, and I asked her if they made mommy look pretty, she said 'No , not really.' I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard.... so unbelievably innocent.

trinity
03-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Yep- I supply taught today and I have a new painted rock to add to my collection (yes kids, some teachers actually keep the stuff you make); and a song written for me with actual musical notes. I cant wait for my roommate to get home and play it on the piano and see it is a real tune, I can't play.

Lisa_morris
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
My mom watches a couple of boys on occasion, the youngest guy who is about 4 or 5 called my mom to tell her that when she bends over he butt get really wide. He went on for some time about it, he said it was almost as big as his teachers but when she stands back up its not as wide. My mom had a good laugh and so did I. Kids are so cute.

trinity
03-15-2007, 03:18 PM
I worked at a daycare before and we had a coworker with a hygeine problem-she stank so bad. My boss was working up the nerve to approach her about it, she wasn't sure where she stood legally-as in can you fire someone for B.O.? we couldnt understand why someone in their 20s could not know they smelled rotten. I mean, I know there are medical conditions and if she had prefaced her employment with "I have ____", we would have understood. Anyways, back to the kid thing. We had a 5 yr old who had quite a quick mind and even quicker tongue, and one day this woman smelled particularly rank, so much so they thought it was a 2 yr old toddler's diaper and changed him repeatedly. Later at lunch as she was serving, leaning over him, the 5 year old pipes up "Wow, ____, do you ever stink! we all thought it was his diaper but its YOU!" We almost swallowed our tongues and had quite a hard time to decide to reprimand him. Then the next day, the 5 yr old sees her coming up the stairs with damp hair and announced loudly "Hey It's ___. And she took a shower!"

Mandi
03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I worked at a daycare before and we had a coworker with a hygeine problem-she stank so bad. My boss was working up the nerve to approach her about it, she wasn't sure where she stood legally-as in can you fire someone for B.O.? we couldnt understand why someone in their 20s could not know they smelled rotten. I mean, I know there are medical conditions and if she had prefaced her employment with "I have ____", we would have understood. Anyways, back to the kid thing. We had a 5 yr old who had quite a quick mind and even quicker tongue, and one day this woman smelled particularly rank, so much so they thought it was a 2 yr old toddler's diaper and changed him repeatedly. Later at lunch as she was serving, leaning over him, the 5 year old pipes up "Wow, ____, do you ever stink! we all thought it was his diaper but its YOU!" We almost swallowed our tongues and had quite a hard time to decide to reprimand him. Then the next day, the 5 yr old sees her coming up the stairs with damp hair and announced loudly "Hey It's ___. And she took a shower!"

Oh my goodness. I don't know if that's funny or sad. Kids I tell ya! I love how they don't realize that some things are taboo, and aren't afraid to say anything some times.

And Lisa, the bum thing, I laughed SO hard. that's adorable.

Cherry Pop
03-15-2007, 05:49 PM

LOL! That's funny but I do feel for the lady! Well at least your boss got out of it easy. See kids are honest and GREAT!

trinity
03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, it took care of the problem of us having to address it anyway. I mean, even if she had a medical condition, there was no way anyone should smell that bad, up til that point she hadn't even seemed to make an effort to cover it up with deodorant or perfume. Keep in mind this was back in the early 90s, before scent-free policies. That 5 year old is now in high school, not sure if Gr 11 or 12.