PDA

View Full Version : dance classes for adults

kimbey76
03-02-2007, 06:32 PM
does anyone know of a good but not expensive dance class for adults that teaches latin dance like salsa or something similar?

care1978
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
oh man i have been looking for the same sort of thing, but i dont thik there is one, if you happen to find anything out please let me know :) good luck!

airsky501
03-02-2007, 07:59 PM
These is a guy who does Salsa classes up at Tapps Brew Pub on King St.

I know that he does classes on Saturday Night 9-10 pm , and then they have a dance afterwards. He also does classes on Monday and Tuesday Nights, I think he is also starting some on Wednesday nights.

His name is Ricardo. Stop by on a Saturday night and check them out, man can they dance.

Hope this helps

T4
03-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I think it's called danceability, on Rothesay ave, next to Dairy Queen. I saw on their sign outside that they were teaching latin dance.

DobWhiDai
03-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Hi, to follow through the discussion posted by airsky501 there is a advertisment at work from TAPPS that holds Salsa Lessons on the second floor every Friday Night at TAPPS. Complimentary dance lessons 9-10pm and there is a 2 dollar cover charge. It's open to the public and there is a contact named Ricky whose email is ricky@dinedanceanddate.com for further information.

If you go, please tell us about it because I was thinking about taking Latin Dancing with my husband (if I can bribe him....I mean persuade him LOL)

kimbey76
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
thanks for the info everyone, the funny thing is its my husband who wants to take the dance class! i dont think i am up for it just yet being seven months pregnant but possibly after the baby is born, i would think it would be a good way to get back in shape

shoona
03-05-2007, 04:35 PM
there is a dance place in rothesay buy deluxe i think they offer that class...

Mandi
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
thanks for the info everyone, the funny thing is its my husband who wants to take the dance class! i dont think i am up for it just yet being seven months pregnant but possibly after the baby is born, i would think it would be a good way to get back in shape

Sorry that I find that hilarious. I'm 8 months pregnant, and My fiance just recently said we should try something new, and when I asked him what he said, we should get latin dancing lessons. So I thought that kind of a funny coincidence... Maybe pregger people remind men of Latin dancing to mock us? :rofl: Sure wish I could move like that.

kimbey76
03-05-2007, 05:50 PM
lol yeah it is pretty funny to think of latin dancing with that big belly full of baby leading the way, my husband did go to tapps on saturday night, there is a guy teaching a class every other saturday, he loved it and is really excited to go again, he wants me to go watch him :D

MrsBeasley
03-05-2007, 06:32 PM
I would love to learn to salsa, hubby wants to learn how to jive. Does anyone know anyone teaching jive?