PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on front load washing machines?

winmore
03-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I am thinking of buying a front load washer and dryer. Has anyone used these and how well do they work. Make, model etc. Has anyone purchased these from Future Shop?

Goin4Coffee
03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm debating,,still,,:o it's want not a need at the moment,:rolleyes:
But be careful where you buy them, prices and sizes vary quite a bit,, I know they are more efficient, wash More, less damage to clothes and Wayyyy less water..
sounds better in the long run..for a larger capacity sized set anyway, IMHO:D

boupau
03-02-2007, 02:50 PM
We purchased the front load a little more than a year ago. We would not go back to the old style. We found Super Bobs could beat any price in town. Sears was the most expensive. Believe it or not Zellers also had very good prices on qaulity sets. :D

shadoww
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Ok my hubby surprised me with a new set last summer.

He called and instead of getting the cheapest he bought the middle ones. He figured why not get something better than entry level. He got the Whirlpool Diet Sport and they were nothing but trouble the first few months, put it this way I know the repair men from A and A very well now,lol.(that is sarcasm) They(the store) actually had to replace to replace the washer once and the same thing went on the new one as well.
I wrote Whirlpool a letter telling them about all the repairs and how disapointed I was in their product and they sent me one back saying they dont garantee the consumer wont have repairs!!
The fella from A and A did tell em they are a new product so still have some kinks.
Anyways now that they are fixed I do love them and will never go back to a topload. I just wouldnt recommend this brand to anyone. We have 2 friends that have Fridgedaires which are considered the cheaper ones and neither have had a problem in the 2 years they had them!!

I feel like I do less laundry now because they hold more and they use less soap and less water. I find the cycle is alot longer than my old washer but because the clothes are rung out so well the dryer is way shorter!

puppyluv
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Go with the LG set. Lg will give you a 2 year warranty right off the bat. No one else will.
G4C is right. The Lg front loaders will use aprox 12g of water vs the top loafders which use aprox 44g. Because there isnt an agitaitor in them, it is easier on the wear and tear on you clothes, means they look better longer.
Also, do not forget to look for a large opening in them. Whirlpool, fridgidaire has some very inexpensive sets that can hold allot, but the "entrance" to them is very small..which means hard to get we blankets, jeans etc out of them.
One more point ( hahaha) Because they spin faster the clothes are not as wet coming out of the washer, means less time on the line or in the dryer, which saves you money in the long run.
I used to sell these appliances, and my money is on the LG. I also can tell you I believe enough in those that we will be getting them this summer from Leons.:D

kimbey76
03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
i have heard very good things from everyone that I know who has them, i would love to get a set :)

Mandi
03-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Does a front loading washer clean your clothing as efficiently as a top loading washer? they sound so lovely :)

shadoww
03-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Does a front loading washer clean your clothing as efficiently as a top loading washer? they sound so lovely :)

Definately

nasoj007
03-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Another plus is it only take a tsp or 2 of soap to get the clothes just as clean(a bit more if your up to your neck in mud all day).