PDA

View Full Version : Toilet...need help!! :)

T4
09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
The base of my toilet is loose. It is obvious from all of the caulking that is around it, that it has been loose more then once. I noticed that the bolts on either side of it are loose. I tightend them up, but they were loose again in minutes. You can litterally move the bowl from the floor by just sitting on it!!

I would hate to see something happen...it would be a pretty crappy situation for the people living underneath me,....literally!!

HELP!!

inuit
09-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Firstof all t4, turn off your water supply to the flush. Empty as much water as you can from the toilet. Unscrew and remove the toilet.Clean away all of the wax seal and examine the 2 bolts. Sounds like they may need to be replaced. You will aslso need to replace the wax seal. This is not a hard job but can be a bit wet and messy. Please don't remove your toilet until you go and buy a new wax seal and 2 new bolts. I've done this a few times myself and it is just one of those jobs that occasionally needs doing. Not hard. Will take from 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours to do.

blacksheep
09-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Probably have to call a plumber

inuit
09-10-2009, 06:16 AM
So, update T4, what did you decide to do in the end. Fixing it yourself is not a big job. Easy really. Calling a plumber is pretty expensive.

I've been single nearly allof my adult life and I've learned to do things through trial and error. Now I can do pretty much anything. ( as of this summer, even sheetrock) There are exceptions though. I will not touch electrical. I wont touch anything that can kill me. Anything else is fair game though.

T4
09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Toilet is fixed. It never had a flange (sp?) underneath it!! So it got a new wax seal and flange. Its GREAT!! lol