PDA

View Full Version : baby formula

smith
03-01-2007, 03:45 PM
just wondering what people would recomond for a new born baby for formula in soy base? i trired similac but he brings that up i tried good start same thing happens. any other suggestions. i was breastfeeding but can't do that either any more because of the meds i'm on.

mommam
03-01-2007, 05:30 PM
I used Nestle Alsoy and had no problems with it.

michp
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Some babies just spit up more than others. It usually calms down around 6 months. As long as they are gaining weight the doctors usually don't worry too much about it.

moniblue
03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
I breastfed for almost 10 months when my daughter decided she no longer wanted to nurse. That made weaning very easy! The doctor recommended soy formula because my daughter got sick (projectile vomit) when she had formula (similac). We use Nestle Alsoy now and we've had no problems at all.

Rickster
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Well I'lltell ya ....Being an ole fashion type Dad and having a mate that felt the same way, we went the old fashioned way with the formula routine. Our parents gave us the old corn syrup and milk recipe with the additive of bottled vitamins to suppliment anything missing and you should see how healthy my Children are today as well as their parents,LOL,lol. The ONLY time they have ever been to a Doctor is when they got older and got stupidier(is that a word,LOL.)Anyway,to each their own but sometimes the older way is the better way because of the junk they put into everything today,for our benefit,yea,right, !!! -Rick.

tish
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM
is Nursoy still around?? i used this for my older one

je12122
03-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I pmed you with info as my son has the same problem.. I hope my suggestions help you..

good luck and i Know how frustrating it can be, my little guy is only 2 months old and at first I would get so down on myself because i was thinking it was something I was doing wrong. However, trust me, you aren't doing anything wrong, my little guy suffered from bad Acid Reflux and there is a good chance your baby is too...My little guy is doing better and like I said in my PM ask about the Alimentum formula for your son as well..

Good Luck!