PDA

View Full Version : timer for washer

care1978
02-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Okay, so this great couple gave me an apartment size washer because i have been very desperately seeking one, turns out the timer isnt working on it and it needs to be replaced... ( no problem ) ...
here is my question:
Does anybody have any idea how to change a timer on a washer, or know anywhere i could get someone to service it without having to pay a fortune? i'd really appreciate any feedback! thanks in advance
Sincerely,
really raw handed momma...LOL... ( from hand washing ;) )

LiLLY
03-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Sorry to steal your post but i also have a similiar question! The time on my dryer doesn't work and i have no clue how to fix it or who to call to fix it. we have to make sure we time our dryer and not forget about it. very dangerous!

care1978
03-01-2007, 08:41 AM
well with a washer it scxrews up the cycles.... i washes on the wash cycle, it washes on the rinse cycle, but it wont spin or drain... you could call kitchen craft i guess they do service calls ( i just cant afford it ) i dont know about a dryer timer, but i know the timer for my washer is $35 at kitchen craft... im not even sure if that is reasonable, does anyone else know? :)

ksbeckaa
03-01-2007, 08:44 AM
35 is about normal. I have gotten parts from them before and have had no problem with them. They do not guarentee the parts, but if it doesnt work or stops working they will replace it for free. I would suggest using them

care1978
03-01-2007, 08:49 AM
thanks ksbeckaa..... i just dont really care for the owner, she always rubbed me the worng way, just wanted to make sure its not a rip off.... thanks again
now to find someone who knows how to change one! lol

ksbeckaa
03-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I dont care for her either....but the options are pretty limited :)

Good Luck

care1978
03-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Rickster
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
I can change that for you if you wish to buy a replacement.Don't remove it if it is a Maytag or Similiar as there is about 19 wires on a maytag and in order to replace my mothers,I had to make a diagram first. Give me a call or otherwise and we can make the necessary arrangements The timer is (or use to be) about $40.00. -Rick. 672-0164